Monday, March 31, 2008

Ticks

Wow...am I glad today is almost over. Anything that could throw our schedule off, happened. It started last Wednesday when my daughter and some friends were playing outside in our front yard. Becca fell several times and rolled around in our grass. No big deal, she's done that a million times. That night, while giving her a bath, I noticed a tick. Darren got it out...I yanked and yanked and that booger was not coming out. Well, being the typical 3-year-old, she likes to do things on her own with minimal help from me. I didn't think twice about the tick until I was giving her a bath Saturday night and noticed a pimple-looking thing with a red ring where the tick had been. We looked online and it said it could take a week to a month for any symptoms of lyme disease to show up. Since she wasn't feeling bad, we waited until today to take her to the doctor. He said it probably was and gave her antiobiotics to take so she probably will never feel any effects from the disease. She had a blood test done which they said will probably show up negative. She'll go back in a month and see if there are any antibodies. All the scheduling conflicts that happened today, between my husband working, me watching kids and not being able to get away or get ahold of anyone to help me, and having to be at a school to do a SLAH party, as well as finish my resume and cover letter to apply for a job with the deadline being today. Kids were running around driving me nuts while I was trying to get ready for my stuff as well as find out how to get my daughter to the doctor. Let me just say I'm glad today is over and realize I don't always perform well under pressure.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Amy! I've always had an irrational fear of Lyme Disease, and this is freaking me out. How is she?

Amy said...

She went back for another blood test and luckily it came back negative. But the ticks are out..you can get your lawn sprayed for it if you think you have them in your yard.
I tried to comment on your blog but I suppose you have to be smarter than the computer. Now all we need is to get you on facebook.