Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I passed!

I got to chug my sunkist for my glucose test today. I'm not a big drinker so drinking a whole can in 5 minutes was pretty hard. But my blood sugar levels were normal and so were my iron levels. Last time with Becca, my iron was a little low. I didn't have to go on pills but my doctor told me to eat more steaks and hamburgers...now that's a diet I can follow! It's funny how different doctors are. There are 4 doctors in my practice and I've seen 2 different ones the last 2 weeks. My due date is December 30th. The first one said if everything was going well, he would induce me any time after Christmas. The doctor I saw today who is older and said he has seen more and doesn't understand why people wait so long...I had an 8 pound 4 oz baby and almost a 4th degree tear which he said was probably due to the fact I was 2 days over. Anyway, whatever his reasoning, he said if everything was going well and I was ready, he'd induce anytime after the 16th. Now that sounds much better to me. Plus I'd have the full benefit of my mom who will be here for 2 weeks starting the week of Christmas. I don't know what my regular doctor prefers...probably not the 2 weeks early but I can only hope.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I hated that orange drink!! Sounds like you are doing great. I wish I would have had a doctor that induced me two weeks early.