Monday, June 29, 2009

St. Louis, part 2

Okay, I'm trying to update my blog. This summer has been pretty busy so far. Day 3 was rainy, so we hit the mall. By the time we got there, we decided to eat lunch. We walked around a little then went to a mini arcade that also has a few racetracks. The larger one outside was closed because of rain. But the kids had fun and so did the 2 big kids.

Yeah...another carousel in the food court!

Driving the cars...those cars really whipped around the corner

Boys go karting

Day 4 of St. Louis was the Arch and a Cardinals game. There is a mini museum underground which was very interesting. If you've never been, it is interesting. There are these small "pods" you get in to go to the top. Only 5 people fit in and you can't even sit up straight. Once you get up to the top, there it's a smallish space to look out both sides of the arch. But, it is pretty cool! The fewer hours of sleep and being together constantly finally made Becca snap because this is the day she had her biggest meltdown. We were getting ready to leave and I asked Becca if she wanted to get on the stroller, to which she replied, "no". So I asked Cade if he wanted a ride and he said, "yes". Well, Becca did not like that. I think she wanted to play with Cade, plus she didn't want him riding in "her" stroller. She refused to leave as long as he was in the sroller. I tried walking off and she proceeded to sit on her bottom and throw a fit. My mom had to push the stroller while I dealt with my child who was doing the whole screaming, arms and legs flailing bit while everyone in the place was watching my child. I had to carry her out halfway, which was no easy task until she decided to walk. She fussed for quite awhile, probably halfway to the car until she finally decided it was getting her nowhere. Here are pictures of the trip before the meltdown.

The pods to go to the top

Downtown St. Louis from the arch

Looking out

My mom and Barrett in the arch

A cute cowboy and 2 cute cowgirls

After a nice afternoon nap, we went to the Cardinals game. We had decent seats we bought that morning online. We were sitting in right field near the foul pole about 18 rows up. The game was a very short one with the Cards winning...3-1 I think? Steve and Cade got up to get a snack and souvenir after the 1st inning and didn't come back until the 3rd. Becca and I did the same when they got back and we didn't come back until the 5th inning. The whole game was not more than 2 hours long.

Enjoying the game

View from seats

After the game

No comments: