Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Sunday night, I was putting my shoes away when I stepped in something wet. I thought maybe Molly peed but it didn't smell like it. We had a babysitter so I thought maybe the kids were in there and spilled something. Monday morning we woke up to visibly soaking wet carpet all in the closet. Come to find out, the hose on our washing machine was leaking and our laundry room backs up to our closet. Darren had to go to work, so I spent an hour dragging everything off the floor of the closet into our bedroom. We have a walk-in closet and we could still walk in there so I don't know how we had so much stuff. Darren bowls with a carpet guy, so he came Thursday to install carpet. It's a little different than our current carpet but whenever we sell this house or whenever we get money, we plan on replacing this carpet anyway...too many stains and an iron burn from Becca. It's pretty thin pad too and just doesn't look great anymore. Instead of just putting everything back, I decided to really organize, clean out, etc. With everything else, I haven't had time to do everything, so I've been sleeping with Becca and Darren's been sleeping on the couch until I got things cleared off the bed. Luckily, all we had to do was replace the hose which we happened to have one from our old washer so that part didn't cost us anything. Now our room is almost back to normal and things are getting organized; now how long will it stay that way?

Becca occasionally gets bloody noses. She has allergies and I figure it's the cold, dry air that causes them. They're never too bad and they're not pouring out either. Sunday, we were on our way from church to lunch. As I was turning left to get to Sonic, she says, "Mom, my nose is bleeding." Being the wonderful mother I am, I was trying to get parked so I could help her with her nose, plus I wasn't in any hurry knowing it wasn't too bad. When I parked at Sonic and reached back to hand her a kleenex, I noticed blood all over her dress. This time, she had a real bleeder. I guess I kinda gasped because she said, "I'm sorry mommy" I told her it was okay and that I was sorry I didn't get a kleenex faster. I thought that was a little odd but figured one bloody nose isn't too strange. In the middle of the night last night, I heard Becca moving and say, "Mommy, my nose is bleeding." It wasn't quite as bad but still coming out pretty fast. Not only is it unusual to have it pouring out, but it's unusual to have them this often. If she has another one soon, I may have to see if there's something we can do.

Barrett is becoming a real talker. He just talks all the time. He'll tap you, point to something and jibber jabber. Then he wants you to tell him what he's pointing to. He's really wanting to know what everything is. He now says, 'mama', 'dada', 'ball'(kinda sounds like bowl with his mouth in a perfect circle), and 'sissy'(kinda sounds like sis). He also does the sounds for monkey, lion, dog and elephant. It's amazing how quick they pick things up. Before I know it, he'll start talking. I love this age because they are truly a joy to be around. He's learning new things and he just enjoys life.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Poor Becca. I'm a nose-bleeder myself. They're usually more usual for me in the fall and winter when it gets drier. Some of them have been such gushers I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance. No fun. You can get her nose cauterized (don't know if I spelled that right) if they really start getting out of control. I haven't done that yet, but I've heard of plenty of people doing it.