Monday, November 15, 2010

Becca's first school program

You know, going to your child's school programs really is fun. You get to ooh and aah and truly marvel at how great your child is...or maybe sometimes how embarrassing your child can be at times. In kindergarten, they are supposed to learn so many nursery rhymes so they've been learning and doing art projects as well. A few weeks ago, they had the kindergarten classes (all 4) sing the songs and a few children act each out. Becca was a horse in Humpty Dumpty. There were probably 12-14 songs and the kids did a great job. My child is very comfortable at church because she is there all the time and knows a lot of people. So, when she's in front of the church, she doesn't mind raising her hand and talking or doing anything else. I guess she hasn't reached that level of comfort at school just yet. I think she's pretty comfortable in her classroom but with all the classes, in front of a lot of parents she doesn't know I guess was intimidating to her. At the end of the program, all the kids took turns walking by the microphone and saying their names. There are about 100-125 kids and only 3 or 4 didn't say their name...my child being one of them. She walked up close, paused and then kept walking with her finger in her mouth. You never really know what she's going to do; I guess she's more shy than I realized.

Becca has had a loose tooth but I never felt it was ready to pull. Last week, she came home with something around her neck; I thought a dentist had come visit her school. She then gave me a great big smile and showed me her tooth was missing! She told her teacher her tooth was really loose and she pulled it. Becca said it didn't even hurt. It's funny how excited I get for little milestones. I think I was almost as excited as she was and wanted to tell everyone. Darren and I were discussing the whole tooth fairy thing and trying to decide if we should give her $5 since it was her first tooth. However, he felt like she would expect that with every tooth and I agreed, so she got $2.

No comments: