Friday, September 19, 2008

New park

I am so excited about the new park here in town. I have heard so much about it and it lived up to the hype. It was finished in the spring but we hadn't made it out. Because it's a new park, there isn't any shade yet and the heat that comes off the tire shreds lining the park make it even hotter. So, we waited for the cooler weather. The leadership council who was in charge of this went to elementary school students and found out what they would want in a park and tried to incorporate what they could. They have a "big" area and an area for toddlers. The only thing I would change, that my friend and I discovered who has and 18-month old, was to put a gate at the toddler section to keep them corralled. If you contributed a certain amount, you could have something put on a picket, so Becca has her name on a picket there. Here are some pictures of our fun morning.

No comments: