Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Aging and pregnancy

Okay, so I'm not too old but am definitely old enough for some things to not go quite right. Twice, since I've been big-bellied, I've done the splits. Now, I would never do this on purpose. Once was at the grocery store and I was pushing the cart down the aisle when I hit a slick spot and one foot went sliding. The other time was at Lowes when Becca and I were looking at colors for the baby's room. She was standing on the "shelf: helping me look and I was right beside her. She stepped back and I went to grab her; the floors at Lowes are slick with my flip flops and we both "sat" on the floor. It was like slow motion and neither of us were hurt, except I did the splits again and you really shouldn't do that when you're largely pregnant and over 30. Things were popping that shouldn't be and let's just say I was sore for a day or so after. The other thing that makes me think I'm getting a little older is my eye issue. It hasn't affected my vision, but my left eyelid looks half closed. I went to an ophthamalogist who said the muscle that opens/closes the eyelid, slipped out of the cartiladge that holds it in place. The only way to fix it is through surgery which I will do after the baby is born. When I came home and looked online at several sites, it told me ptosis occurs primarily in those over 30 and increases with age. Well, there you go, I'm over 30 and am falling apart....I'm hoping to pull myself together in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like an old woman, but we are getting older. Recently, I went to get my uni brow plucked, and the lady says, "wow, you have a lot of white brow hair". Nice. Needless to say, I now have very thin brows, that I will be forced to grow out. And on top of that adult acne. Yay, me!