Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More random occurences

Thanksgiving was another nice, quiet holiday. Darren's parents had planned on coming out, but with the baby coming soon, they decided to wait. So Darren smoked the turkey and I made a few things. Darren worked that morning and got home with just an hour to spare before the turkey was done. Then I watched my Cowboys defeat the Seahawks, so all in all it was a good day. Later in the weekend, we painted the entire living room. Darren did the hard work...going up and down the ladder to reach the ceiling and then do the trim around the baseboards too. I just had the middle part with a roller. Of course, we had all our furniture in the middle of the floor and there were some pieces I of course couldn't get back into place. Sunday afternoon while Darren was at work, I came around a corner too quickly (where the couch should be) and kicked the wall. The toe next to my pinky toe got the brunt of it. I couldn't get a towel wrapped around my toe very well with my belly in the way. Later in the evening I was showing it to Darren and it had turned pretty colors. I either broke or sprained it but it doesn't hurt too badly as long as no one steps on it (thank you kids and dogs). Becca went to a pediatric dentist today for the first time so he just looked in her mouth. He said everything looks good, the spacing, the jaws, etc. However, the thing underneath your tongue that connects to your mouth is a little too close to her teeth. She can't stick her tongue out very far and when she does, it folds a little at the end. He said he'd check her in about a year and we may need to get it clipped because it can cause problems later. She got a balloon and a toothbrush and she enjoyed the dentist. I wonder how long that lasts??

No comments: