Sunday, December 7, 2008

Becca dentist and birthday party

Becca went to a pediatric dentist for the first time this last week. He said everything looks good...her spacing, cheekbones, etc. However, the thing that connects your tongue to your mouth is too close to the teeth and will probably cause problems later. She will probably have that clipped in the next year. I didn't take her so I didn't get all the details about why or what would happen if we didn't clip it. I'll probably do a little research but surely our dentist, whom my husband knows, wouldn't suggest something that wasn't needed...I hope. Becca's birthday party was yesterday. It started off shaky but ended well. I stepped out of the shower, mind you I'm 9 months pregnant, and almost did the splits. Needless to say, I was a little sore the rest of the day and some still today. My husband had to work that morning but was picking up the pizzas and meeting us at the bowling alley. I was trying to get myself and my daughter ready which is not easy task at her age. I also realized I had no balloons so needed to make a stop on our way. Becca was so excited about her birthday cake. There is a lady here who is very talented. You can give her a picture of anything and she'll make it for you. Plus, she puts almond extract in the icing and it is the best cake you'll eat. Anyway, she did a great job with the Cinderella cake and Becca wanted to look at it yet again. I told her we needed to comb her hair and finish getting ready first. Well, I went to her room to get her stuff and she, having her own little mind, decided to go check out the cake herself. I heard a crash and ran in the kitchen. The cake was upside down, still in the box however, and she was bawling. Luckily, the cake wasn't horribly damaged but it just made me more frazzled. By the time we cleaned it up and got the balloons, we were 10 minutes late to her birthday party. The rest of the day went great! It was a little chaotic at first, but the kids really had fun bowling. We had 11 kids on 2 lanes but once we got going, it actually went smoothly. A good time was had by all, we bowled, we ate pizza and cake and ice cream, had presents, etc. I love kids this age, every present is so exciting and the best thing they have ever seen. When we got home, it took me an hour to get all the presents out of the boxes because they really "tie" them in there. Cinderella stayed in tact, just the writing and the border were damaged They loved bowling!

No comments: