Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yeah! Steelers!

My husband has always been a Steelers fan and I've always been a Dallas Cowboys fan. Early in the marriage we had a much stronger rivalry, however, we've come to root for each others teams; okay maybe I have more than he. But, Becca did have a Steelers onesie when she was little and it was passed down to Barrett. Darren's parents were here to help with my eye surgery and stayed for the super bowl. Here are some pictures of the Steelers fans. Darren's mom cheered for Arizona as they live in Arizona and Kurt Warner lived near the town they grew up in.

This is Becca when she was 7 days old.

Steelers fans with Darren's footbal signed by Terry Bradshaw

On another note, Barrett slept through the night Thursday. I put him down around 11:00 and he woke up at 8:00. Of course I didn't sleep all night; I got up to check on him twice. Even though he doesn't usually sleep all night, he typically only gets up once at night so it's really been nice. He truly has been so much fun. He and Becca so far have been very similar: good eaters, good sleepers and good temperments.

Becca and I went to Chuck E Cheese Friday with a friend while Darren kept Barrett. We had a lot of fun and she was still ready to play when we got home. We're still adjusting to not having all the attention. I have to be careful not to tell her I will play something with her because that will be the time Barrett will wake up and need to eat. Then she fusses and tells me not to feed him, throws a fit, the whole bit. I try to spend as much time as possible with her, so we're trying to find a balance. My house shows that I'm spending most of the time with the kids. My goal is to 1 thing a day: 1 load of laundry or clean off 1 dresser or clean 1 bathroom, etc. I feel good to get something done. Eventually it will all be done. But, for now, I'm trying to enjoy the kids and get some rest when I can.

No comments: