Monday, March 9, 2009

My husband

My husband is such a great daddy. I could hardly ask for better. He never complains about the kids. Darren bowls in 2 different leagues, 2 night a week. I asked him to take a break from one of them once Barrett was born so we could adjust to our growing family. He didn't hesitate to step down. He keeps the kids when I have bunco, book club or something else; he even encourages me to get out sometimes. Becca really is becoming a daddy's girl which makes me happy for a couple of reasons. One, it gives me a chance to get a few things done or take care of Barrett when Darren's around. Two, I was a daddy's girl and hope she can have that same special relationship. He's even good about getting up if Barrett doesn't want to go to bed at night or wakes up in the middle of the night. He'll put his pacifier back in or tries to rock him a little. He knows, I'm the only one who can feed him so he helps out as much as possible. There was even one night I was gone, he had Barrett in bed, Becca in pajamas and the dishes all done. I really don't know what I'd do without him, he is truly a gift to me and the kids.

No comments: