Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Random musings

My daughter loves to find rhyming words. She'll say, "let's rhyme silly things" and come up with "have you ever seen a dog wearing a pog?" Sometimes they're not real words, sometimes they are. Well, one day Becca went with her daddy to get some gas. After getting buckled, she said, "Hey daddy, F#$@!* buckle". Darren was trying to decide whether to comment or let it slide. He just told her that was not a very nice word. To which she replied, "what the "f" word?"

Barrett's hair was getting long again. My mom had trimmed his bangs some so they wouldn't be in his eyes but it was time for the rest of the hair to be trimmed as well. People comment on his beautiful hair all the time; I think he has beautiful hair and hated to do it, but he is a boy so it should be done more often, I suppose. Here is a picture of him before his haircut. Darren took him to a barber shop and he came home looking like this. Now,he still is handsome and I do like the haircut, especially once I got a chance to get used to it. That being said, I was upset/sad when I first saw him walk in the door. I don't know if was the drastic change (on Sunday, people just passing by, didn't recognize him at first) or the fact that it made him look more like a big boy, but I got choked up and didn't know what to say. I'm not generally an emotional person but for some reason, seeing him brought tears to my eyes. I somehow expected him to act differently, like Darren brought someone else's child home. It was an odd, surreal feeling when he still acted the same and I "realized" he's still my sweet little boy. Gosh, how will I do when he starts school?

2 comments:

Cracked Pot said...

That so totally changed the way he looks. WOW! I am with you not really that it is bad just so different.

Cracked Pot said...

But then again what can I say so did my haircut.