Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vacation, part I

We left for vacation on Wednesday and drove to Tulsa. It's a good thing I have my navigation system because one of the bridges in Missouri was out because of the flooding and I had to go a different route. Of course if I had gone online to plan my trip, I MIGHT have seen that it was closed. So, it took a little longer than planned and didn't get to see one of my friends that only had that evening free.

In restrospect, that might have been a good thing. Becca was exhausted on Thursday and I figured it was just from traveling but she just wanted to lay in the cart and fell asleep early. After she woke up from her nap, she had a high fever. She had been coughing but it can be difficult to differentiate between her normal allergy cough and when it turns into something. But with a high fever and us leaving for vacation where she would be around more kids, I figured it would be good to take her to an urgent care. It's a good thing I did, she had pneumonia in her left lung. She got some ibuprofen at the doctor's office and later on she said she wasn't sick anymore. She felt better and I think is just used to coughing, she didn't notice any difference. My mom was nice to watch her so I could go see some old friends. Barrett and I went to their house for dinner and playing.

Friday morning a good friend had planned to come over but was scared to bring her daughter over which I don't blame her. Then my mom watched Becca again so I could meet a friend for lunch. Her 2nd daughter is just 2 months younger than Becca and her youngest is 1 month older than Barrett. It was nice visiting with her and she was gracious enough to let me borrow a small stroller for Barrett to use while we're gone. While the kids napped, I went to see my brother's new house . We had planned to go to my nephew's game in Claremore that evening. Becca had been on antibiotics but was afraid of her being out in the heat...it had been in the 90s. One other thing we missed was going to visit my grandmother but again, didn't want to worry about passing along germs. However, we plan on seeing her on the way home either on her birthday or the day after, so that will be nice.

Mom drove with us to Dallas on Saturday. My sister has a friend that was nice enough to let us use her house; we paid them of course and will pay for her housekeeper to come clean when we leave. When we arrived, we grabbed some dinner and then several of us ladies went to the grocery store to buy the things we needed for the week.

Sunday, we got up and around a little late. That morning, we had a brief bible story and singing for the kids; although one of my brothers, his wife and son went to a local church. Half of our kids still take naps so that takes up half the day. Then after my sister made dinner, we drove to her new house so we could look around. We just took it easy most of the day and didn't do much.

Monday, we went to a play place for the kids. Online, this place looked much bigger. It was still worth the half price tickets my sister had but maybe not worth full price. The kids got to ride on robotic animals, ride on the train a couple of times, play a few holes of miniature golf and the majority of the time, they spent time in the ball pit and jumping. Riding a zebra We went to Wendy's for lunch and they had a dispenser for drinks where you could choose from over 100 different drinks. My brother tried a raspberry diet coke that he said was good...I just had water but it came in the same dispenser. Some of the girls went shopping while the rest of us took the kids home for a nap. The girls came back and took over with the kids while the rest of us went to see a Rangers game. We enjoyed the game but they lost. Becca was so tired, she actually fell asleep at the end of the game even with all the noise around us. My brother giving me the eye Most of the gang that went to the game

No comments: