Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vacation, part II

Tuesday, we attempted something semi ambitious...portraits of the whole family. Now, it was semi impromptu so we weren't going to attempt anything formal but we all needed to get up and get ready and out the door. Everything was going pretty smoothly but while the lady was trying to figure out where to put everyone, the kids were playing and one of them got her feelings hurt and from then on, it was downhill. We did finally get a good picture of the whole family at the end. Since my niece was happy and smiling, we attempted one more grandkid picture but by then the younger ones were all done. We have not had a picture of the whole family since everyone's been married; only Darren was in the last one. With all of us ordering just a little bit, we got the CD so we have all the pictures which is nice. If you have a Portrait Innovations in your area, you should check it out. Most of the girls, then went to Grapvine Mills mall. I found many good deals, mainly for myself but I got a few things for my kids. The boys were very good to watch the kids, fix dinner and everything. The boys decided to go see a late movie...Pirates at the IMAX in 3D.

My mom got a great deal on t-shirts at the Disney store so she got one for all the grandkids. Wednesday morning, before one of my brothers and family left, we got all the grandkids on the couch with their shirts. Unforunately, my camera was charging so I didn't get a picture but I will get a copy of two from my siblings. After lunch, most of the rest of us went to Six Flags. It was definitely hot that day but they had fans/misters all over the park, plus "mini waterfalls". It's a good thing my kids like powerade; we bought a cup that can be refilled for free so anytime we finished the drink or it got hot, we just got a refill. One thing however is the park closes at 7:00 but most of the drink/food places close at 6 or 6:30 so I thought that seemed ridiculous, especially on a hot day. Anyway, the kids rode some rides, the adults rode some rides and all of us rode some rides. Barrett was right at the line to be big enough to ride some rides but it depended on who was measuring; he wasn't allowed to ride the teacup ride but he was allowed to ride the log boat ride. At the end when the park was closing up, we let the kids play a few games and they got capes and tweetys. I was surprised that Barrett lasted as long as he did. He did fall asleep towards the end and slept the rest of the time. Barrett loves Curious George...that outfit was one of my good buys This was the ride Barrett wasn't allowed on..ha, really?

No comments: