Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Daddy/daughter bonding

I leave tomorrow afternoon for a SLAH convention in Indianapolis which is only about 4 hours away. I will be back around 9ish on Saturday night. That's 2 nights away from my baby. I have never spent even 1 night away from her for a couple of reasons: I don't have family near to watch her and Darren works a lot, so I typically take her wherever I go. It will be good for me, Becca and Darren. It will be good for me to get away and enjoy myself. It will be good for Becca to depend on someone else. It will be good for Darren to bond with Becca a little more and maybe also see what I do all the time. :) I have a lovely friend who will watch her on Friday and Saturday until Darren gets off work aroud 1:00...he's only working half days so he can pick her up before naptime. I'm excited to learn and have fun with a bunch of women I don't know. For those of you who may not know me really well, let me tell you how much out of my comfort zone I am. I am rooming with people I don't know and I signed up for break-out sessions in the afternoon where I won't know anyone. My director is going with her family so she can mix business with pleasure, but of course her sessions will be different than mine. Had I known her family was coming (her husband came home early from Iraq), I probably wouldn't have even signed up to go. So this is a blessing in disguise. It forces me to meet new people. If you have a moment, think about all of us this weekend. It will probably be like Falls Creek (youth church camp for those of you who aren't familiar with it) where I come back so excited, ready to apply everything I've learned.

No comments: