Monday, October 6, 2008

Consignment sales

I love consignment sales! In the spring and fall, a local church has a kids consignment sale where you can sell and buy all types of things for your children. I was one of the first 40 people to put their items in the sale so I got to get in at 5:00. I had every intention of getting there a little before 5 but ended up being 5-10 minutes late which was just enough to miss out on a cradle swing. I was so irked by it and still am somewhat. I know what you're thinking, but it would have been nice to get one at a much cheaper price. Little things upset me but little things also excite me. I bought the cutest boppy and it just made me happy. I found clothes for both the kiddos, some toys, a travel swing and shoes for Becca. I won't know how much I made until the end of October but I'm pretty sure I at least broke even. Isn't this too cute? On another note. I went to my friend's baby shower yesterday. They have been home for about 5 weeks with their adopted baby from Guatemala who turned a year old not long before they picked him up. They waited so long for him and are thrilled he's home. He hasn't seem to had much trauma and seems to be adjusted quite well. He is adorable and just started walking. The foster family, especially the father, had a hard time giving him over since they had him so long. They talked to the foster familiy recently who had to give up their last foster child. Guatemala is no longer doing foster care and going strictly to orphanges...how sad!

No comments: