Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our life...condensed

The month of January and part of February, our house was full of sickness. My husband and Becca took turns being sick. Darren had the flu, Becca had scarletina, Darren had a nasty congestion and then Becca had a stomach bug that lasted for days. Luckily, Barrett not I got anything. How that happened, I'll never know. I just know I was very vigilant about washing everyone's hands and trying not to get terribly close to those highly contagious for fear of me getting it, or worse, Barrett.

We had quite a few snow days in January and February. It was so nice to sleep in and I was glad when they had a day off. However, I was afraid we were going to end up going to school into June, but they decided to tack on 30 minutes to the end of the school day and take away the rest of our half days but at least we get out before Memorial Day. We didn't get to do as much sledding as we'd like, partly because Becca or Darren was sick some of those days.

April brought about Spring Break and Darren's mom came out to visit. We were trying to get the last of the house straightened up and it's never easy getting the kids out of the house. We were running a little behind anyway and we had to drive an hour to get to the airport. My mother-in-law called to tell me the plane came in early and they got their baggage quickly; so I was no longer going to be 5-10 minutes but more like 30 minutes. I'm hurrying as quickly as possible and I was getting off the interstate into the airport ramp going about 40. Then, I saw it, a cop sitting there and as soon as I passed, she pulled right behind me. Great; I knew I was going fast because I was already late but I'm not sure if I knew exactly what the speed limit was which was 25. Becca from the back seat tells her that we're late to pick up grandma. After taking what seemed like forever, she comes back to the car and lets me know she's letting me off with a warning. My mother-in-law was waiting outside with her luggage and she was very nice. Barrett warmed up to her immediately but he ended up with a nasty cough as a result of his allergies. So, he wanted mommy a little more but we still had a great visit. We went to the park and the jump zone and just had a good time sleeping in and having fun.

And now, here we are, almost the end of school and the end of kindergarten. Time has really flown and I know time will never completely slow down but I hope it will slow down just slightly enough to be able to do a few things I want to do, including keeping up with this blog. We're pretty busy this summer so there will be a lot to report on so stay tuned....

No comments: